The Cape Breton Firefighters Burn Care Society
The Cape Breton Firefighters Burn Care Society is a registered charitable non-profit organization.
CRA Charitable Organization Registration #: 89083-2199 RR0001
We provide funds for:
• The Bath Bear program for infants, young children and others needing to measure bath water temperature. This program is jointly funded with the Sydney Kiwanis.
• Educational and awareness programs.
• Special care requirements for the needs of Cape Breton burn patients.
• Assist burn survivors and their families with burn care costs, including garments and possibly transportation costs to burn care centres, if required.
• Special requests from the burn treatment centres at the Izaak Walter Killam Children’s Hospital and the QEII Hospital for Cape Breton residents.
• Assist the two burn treatment centres with the purchase of equipment, training and programs to enhance the level of burn care.
• To assist Cape Breton hospitals to enable a higher level of burn care.
• Regional tissue bank.
• Purchasing of books, videos and pamphlets for public use.
• Offer programs for burn survivors such as the Atlantic Burn Camp, Atlantic Canada’s camp for burn injured children since 1998.
We conduct fundraising by means of:
• Annual fundraisers, where funds are raised through pledges and ticket sales
• Community and Business sponsored events such as car washes, barbeques, charity dances, golf tournaments, hockey games, etc.
• Obtaining donations of labour and goods from corporations.
• Accepting donations from individuals.